Monday, October 19, 2009

Java, java, java!


So, as I commenced upon my 5th hour straight in the library, I decided to grab one of my new favorite library treats:

Diet Cherry Coke!

I asked my friend if she wanted to join me and she declined, claiming she decided to limit her caffeine intake.

Weird...

I don't get it. I've always been astounded by the number of people who are still under the impression that caffeine is bad for you. I've read that the benefits outweigh the risks, so long as you stay within an acceptable amount.

Two cups of coffee= Acceptable.

So I did some "Google-ing." Here's what I found

Benefits:

*For those of us who hit the bottle: Can benefit people who are at high-risk for liver disease.

*For those of us who hit the gym: Increases muscle strength.

*For those of us who should be hitting the gym: Increases metabolism by breaking down fat, freeing fatty acids and forcing them to be burned. (Caffeine is the most active ingredient in many diet pills.)

*For those of us who've been hit: Increases pain relief medication effects.

*For study bugs: Increases mental faculty.

*For people like ME: Reduces asthma symptoms.


Risks: (NOTE: This is only if you have TOO MUCH Caffeine)

*Restlessness

*Irritability

*Anxiety

*Heartburn

*Headaches

*High blood pressure

*Sleeplessness (umm...really?!)

*Rapid heartbeat

*Nausea


Lesson learned:

Drink Up, just not too much.


You will be alert, skinny, strong and smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers